I am a senior lecturer (cyber security) at Deakin University. Previously I was a tenure-track faculty at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, in the Information System and Technology Design (ISTD) pillar. I am interested in performance and security aspects of distributed systems (including blockchains, databases, and cloud-native systems). I am a recipient of VLDB 2019’s best paper award, and MM’15 best paper runner up award. I serve as associate editor of VLDB 2024, and am a regular PC member of SIGMOD, ICDE, SoCC, NDSS.
- I co-chair the first workshop on verifable database system (VDBS), which is colocated with SIGMOD 2023.
- I will serve as an associator editor (meta reviewer) for VLDB 2024
- A Data Engineering Bulletine issue on transparent databases, for which I was the guest editor, is now available.
- My research team won the inaugural Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme (SBIP) hackathon. Congratulations to Daniel and Aung Maw
- I am actively looking for visiting students, PhD students, research assistants, engineers, and research fellows. Check out the Jobs page and drop me an email.
- The Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme has launched. We are hiring!
- I am a guest editor for SI on Data Science for Next-generation Big Data (ACM TDS). Do consider submitting.
(Incubating)is now a top-level project. First from the region.
- I am honoured to received best paper award at VLDB 2019. It’s in the news.
- Checkout the recent Dagstuhl seminar on blockchain.
- My work on sharding blockchain is presented at SIGMOD’19, in Amsterdam.
- I have multiple research positions available. Checkout the Jobs page for more details.